If you’re receiving too many Motion Alerts, you may have to adjust the Motion Alert setting within the iseeBell App. Go to the Live View Settings section of the iseeBell app, and open up Motion Detection tab to customize the settings.
- Try removing the device and remounting it on the adjustable wall mount have the camera lens not face the street. By changing the camera’s viewpoint, you can help reduce unwanted alerts triggered by passing cars.
- Try to avoid the traffic hours during a day by changing the motion detection schedules.
- SCHEDULE DETECTION allows users to schedule a time period when they want to have motion detection enabled during a day. The upper time scale indicates the start time of the motion detection, where the lower time scale indicates the end time of the motion detection. For example, if the upper scale is set to 8 and the lower scale is set to 22, that means the motion detection feature is enabled from 8 am to 10 pm every day. From 10:01 pm to 7:59 am the next day morning, there will be no motion detection. Users can adjust these two numbers by swiping the time scales to the left or right.
- Try to pick fewer areas where you want to have motion detected.
- MOTION ZONES enables users to select one or a few certain areas that they want to detect the motion. The green means these areas are on motion detection.
- Try to adjust the sensitivity of the motion detection.
- SENSITIVITY enables users to adjust motion detection sensitivities accordingly. Often time users would like to set SENSITIVITY to Lowest when there are too many motion alerts. But if you cannot receive motion alerts at all, please set SENSITIVITY to a higher value.