In order to receive notifications when a motion is detected or someone rings your iseeBell, make sure you are not in the iseeBell App otherwise you won't receive any push notifications. And other than that, both notification settings in the system of your mobile device and iseeBell App need to be set right. Next, we are going to show you enable these settings.
For iOS device:
1. Open the "Settings" app from the Home screen;
2. Scroll down to find "iseeBell" App. Note that your apps are listed in alphabetical order;
3. Select "Notifications";
4. Make sure that all the settings are turned to "enabled" which showed Green in the picture.
And also make sure the "Alert Style When Unlocked" is turned either Banners or Alerts, otherwise you won't see the notifications under the unlock mode.
5. Skip Andriod device settings if you don't own an Android device and go to iseeBell "in-app" settings.
For Android Device:
1. Open the "Settings" app from the Home screen. The app icon may vary on different phones;
2. Select "Apps";
3. Find and select "iseeBell". Note that your apps are listed in alphabetical order;
4. Make sure all the notifications settings are turned to "enabled".
5. Go to the iseeBell in-app settings.
The iseeBell in-app settings. (Note that your screen may look different but it shall be similar to what showed in the pictures below)
Go to the iseeBell App
1. Select the picture in the center to enter the live view mode;
2. Go to the settings by selecting the "Gear sign -⚙️ ";
3. Select "Notifications";
4. Make sure these settings are set according to your demand. The orange tab means "enabled".
When "MOTION DETECTION" is enabled, iseeBell will send users instant alerts (push notification) to their mobile devices when there's a motion detected.
When "RINGS" is enabled, if someone rings your iseeBell, iseeBell will record a 45-sec long video and store it in the cloud. (To view these ring videos, users will need to have the Cloud Recording service available. Each new iseeBell device comes with a 30-day free trial of Cloud Recording service. After it gets expired, the Cloud Recording feature will be disabled automatically but users can opt to pay $2/month or $20/year to continue enjoying this feature.)
5. Go back and select the "MOTION DETECTION";
6. Adjust these settings accordingly;
- When "MOTION DETECTION" is enabled (orange tab), when there's a motion detected, iseeBell will snapshot one or more pictures and store them in the cloud. Note that this setting only controls whether iseeBell will snapshot or not when there's a motion, if you want to receive mobile app notification, you will need to enable it in Step 4.
- SCHEDULE DETECTION allows users to schedule a time period when they want to have motion detection enabled during a day. The upper time scale indicates the start time of the motion detection, where the lower time scale indicates the end time of the motion detection. For example, if the upper scale is set to 8 and the lower scale is set to 22, that means the motion detection feature is enabled from 8 am to 10 pm every day. From 10:01 pm to 7:59 am the next day morning, there will be no motion detection. Users can adjust these two numbers by swiping the time scales to the left or right. If you want the motion detection to work 7/24, set the time scales to 0 and 24.
- MOTION ZONES enables users to select one or a few certain areas that they want to detect the motion. If you cannot receive motion alerts, please make sure at least one area is selected (Green).
- SENSITIVITY enables users to adjust motion detection sensitivities accordingly. Often time users would like to set SENSITIVITY to Lowest when there are too many motion alerts. But if you cannot receive motion alerts at all, please set SENSITIVITY to a higher value.