In order to receive notifications when a motion is detected or someone rings your iseeBell, both phone system settings and iseeBell app setting need to be set right. We are going to talk more about it.
Phone System settings
For iOS device:
1. Open system settings of your phone- "Settings";
2. Scroll down to find "iseeBell" App. Note that your apps are listed in alphabetical order;
3. Select "Notifications";
4. Make sure that all the settings are turned to "enabled" which showed Green in the picture.
And also make sure the "Alert Style When Unlocked" is turned either Banners or Alerts, otherwise you won't see the notifications under the unlock mode.
For Android Device:
1. Open system settings app - "Settings" from the Home screen. The app icon may vary on different phones;
2. Select "Apps";
3. Find and select "iseeBell". Note that your apps are listed in alphabetical order;
4. Make sure all the notifications settings are turned to "enabled".
IseeBell app settings
1. Open iseeBell app and select Device Setting
2. Select Motion Detection
3. Make these settings according to your demand:
a. Motion Detection. When "Motion Detection" is on (orange tab), iseeBell device will capture motion images for the user's pre-set Motion Time and Motion Zone.
b. Motion Time. This is where you can schedule a time period when you want to have motion detection enabled during a day. The upper time scale indicates the start time of the motion detection, where the lower time scale indicates the end time of the motion detection. For example, if the upper scale is set to 8 and the lower scale is set to 22, that means the motion detection is on from 8 am to 10 pm every day. From 10:01 pm to 7:59 am the next day morning, motion detection will be off. Users can adjust these two numbers by sliding the timescales to the left or right. If you want the motion detection to work 24/7, then set them to 0 and 24.
c. Motion Zone enables users to select one or a few certain areas within which the motion will be detected. If you want to receive motion alerts, make sure at least one zone is selected.
d. Sensitivity enables users to adjust motion detection sensitivities accordingly. Often time users would like to set Sensitivity to Lowest when there are too many motion alerts. But if you cannot receive motion alerts at all, please set Sensitivity to a higher level.
4. Go back to Device setting/General and turn on Doorbell notification and Motion alert accordingly.
Doorbell notification: when someone rings your iseeBell doorbell, you will get app notification.
Motion alert: when motion is detected, you will get app notification.